A complete Closed-Loop Digital Variable Optical Attenuator
System-On-a-Chip. The DVOA integrates functionalities of 16
discrete optical and electronic components into a single small
The DVOA integrates both the optical control (input/output
optical couplers, optical interconnects and photodiodes) and
electronic control (log-amps, micro-converter and other peripherals)
in a single, small and self-sealed 42x17x10mm package sealed
at a wafer level.
The DVOAs unique feature-set and high integration provides
the following benefits:
1. It enables engineers to achieve substantial savings in
direct cost (70%) and direct footprint (95%).
2. It significantly simplifies the design and operation of
complete optical boards.
3. Its integrated optical interconnect eliminates the external
fiber coupling and splicing for better manufacturability.
The DVOA on-board microprocessor control, alarm reporting
capabilities, on-board Input/Output Optical Power Monitor,
automatic calibration, Optical Automatic Power Control (OAPC)
and its continuous power adjustment to environmental changes
and aging makes it an attractive plug and play and maintenance
- A Complete Closed-Loop Digital VOA
- Digital Control by SPI/I2C Interface
- On-Board Input/Output Power Monitor
- Automatic Equilization of Output power Level (APC)
- S C and L bands
- Quick Response Time [350us typical]
- Low Cost Sealed Package